Valerie’s Awesomely Fluffy Pancakes
Sometimes, my usual chicken and brown rice doesn’t sound too appealing for dinner. Tonight, after an intense arm workout, I was craving pancakes. I told myself I would listen to my body, and eat some ! I usually make them using whey protein powder, but they never taste like real buttermilk pancakes. The texture and the taste is completely different. So, I decided to get creative, and find a clean, healthy and protein packed pancake recipe that would taste like regular buttermilk pancakes. Well, I think I just found it ! Pretty much like eating IHOP pancakes. Minus all the sugar and butter :
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese (makes them all fluffy and moist and you can’t even taste it)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor/blender
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Top with your favorite topings, and EAT !
Makes 4-5 small pancakes. Each serving has 20 g of protein !
Healthy Toping Ideas
- Walden Farm’s or E.D. Smith sugar-free syrup
- Pure maple syrup
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh fruits
If you try this recipe, take a picture, post it on your blog and tag it healthyvalerie :) I will make a collage of all your pictures and post it on here.